Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > 2000 Nissan Xterra won't communicate
2000 Nissan Xterra won't communicate

2507 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-15 23:32:50

•   Level 3   
    (85) points
    cpj14
    2015-09-14 09:30:07
    Hello Ds708 partners this is my second time I having problems communicating with a nissan vehicle the first one don't remember but this time time is a 2000 xterra north america california usa vehicle. I tried by model year and component but no success when trying to read data (ABS specifically) Can anybody point in the right direction on how to successfully link to with this car? I have the vin if it is of any help, I'll appreciate your kind help.

•   Level 4   
    (113) points
    Brendan

2015-10-15 23:32:50 (Reply to:cpj14)

That Nissan ABS system MUST be read by jumping two DLC pins and doing Flash code diagnostics. I tried updated Snap on Solus and Genisys and they both would not read ABS on 2000 Nissan Xterra ABS and had instructions on ABS light FLASH code read out. I know, I own  2000 Nissan Xterra.

. At the Data Link Connector (DLC), ground the Yellow/Red wire in the corner of the DLC and turn on the key and watch the ABS light flashing out codes. If the light does not flash, check the fuses and grounds for the ABS system and then test ABS light circuit.
    On this vehicle, the Yellow/Red wire is in the corner of the DLC. Some service information identifies the Yellow/Red wire as terminal 8 in the DLC and some information identifies it as terminal 9 in the DLC, but either way, it is in the corner of the DLC.
  Total1 Pages